Want to work with SilkStart? Let us know!
Come work with us.
SilkStart is a leading provider of non-profit and association management software. We help trade, not-for profit, and multi-chapter associations of all sizes.
As a company we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and plenty of time off.
We’re a hardworking, collaborative and results oriented team and we’re looking for fresh new talent to help us take our business to the next level. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in an open position or our company in general.
Our Core Values
We believe that if you obsess over the customer, all else will follow. We stand out through the ongoing support we provide our customers. See what they have to say.
Continuous improvement (Kaizen)
We seek to continually learn, develop and grow as individuals and as a company.
We work and play as a team. We value diversity knowing it creates a strong team.
Be the change you seek
We challenge the status quo, value calculated risk taking and constantly look for ways to action change. We believe we can do great things.
We recognize that employees have lives outside of work. We value life balance and will be as flexible as possible as a company.
Currently Available Positions
Customer Success Specialist
SilkStart is continuing to grow and looking for a Customer Success Specialist to add to the team. If you want to work in an environment that appreciates your hard work, values your contribution, fosters your career and allows you to grow as an individual then SilkStart is the best workplace for you!
SilkStart is a leading provider of association management software. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We also offer autonomy in a respectful and collaborative environment where you get to make a difference and have some fun.
About the Role
The individual will be responsible for providing a combination of account management, consulting, frontline customer and technical support, and project management. You will be working directly with clients to provide friendly, accurate, helpful, and timely assistance to ensure they succeed throughout and beyond the setup process.
What We're Looking For
Are you a smart, self-directed, results-oriented individual with a passion for going above and beyond to delight customers on a daily basis?
What You'll be Doing
- Provide frontline technical support to customers from North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. This will predominantly be through email, but occasionally by phone.
- Onboard and train new customers, and help them become proficient in using our software. A typical onboard takes 6-8 weeks to complete and you will manage multiple on-boards concurrently.
- Liaise between sales and development to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Lead customer webinars to demonstrate product features and answer questions.
- Manage projects – there are lots of moving parts to manage with website development, application configuration and data import, plus training the clients on how to use our software.
- Investigate, document and diagnose customer issues to determine root cause, and escalate them as required. Over time you’ll increasingly solve many of these issues on your own.
- Provide updates to customers about improvements and best practices through a variety of channels (newsletter, automated emails, in-app notifications).
- Help extend the automated test suite to cover new features and improve existing coverage, working with our QA lead to develop automated tests.
- Look for ways to improve the onboarding and overall client experience.
- Assist in the development of help content including FAQ’s, tutorials, and webinars.
- Give customers a voice and help advocate for their needs internally.
Customer Obsessed. You have a friendly, outgoing personality and focus on delighting customers at every turn. You also understand how to build and maintain relationships.
Good Communicator. You’re a gifted communicator, both verbally and in writing. You possess strong emotional intelligence (EQ) and can handle all types of customer interactions. Most importantly, you’re able to communicate technical things to non-technical people (our customers).
Technical Aptitude. You have a technical aptitude either through education, work experience, or a combination of both. Ideally, you have experience troubleshooting web applications and you’re driven to solve problems and resolve issues even when the answer isn’t easily available or a creative solution is required.
Great Attitude. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This isn’t a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. Onboarding and technical support involve a lot of different tasks, and require you to be creative, think on your feet, and find solutions to best meet client needs.
Gets Things Done. You have to be organized and keep things moving forward. We expect you to quickly get up to speed on our technology and add value. You will have competing priorities, but you’re great at just getting stuff done.
Self-Directed. You’re resourceful enough to figure things out and deliver results with minimal direction.
Hustle. You like a fast-paced environment and possess a strong desire to just get things done.
Respectful Professional. You treat colleagues with professionalism and value a respectful workplace.
Desire to Learn and Grow. You’re a lifelong learner eager to take on new challenges and grow.
- Some experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) (eg. WordPress, Squarespace, Wix).
- Experience using tools such as Zendesk, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Familiarity with payment gateways (Paypal, Stripe, Bambora, Authorize.net).
- Some knowledge of web technology, including general knowledge of how web pages, browsers, and servers work under the hood (HTTP, HTML, AJAX/JSON, etc).
- Experience with Python, and/or Bash shell, especially in the areas of automation, tests, and tools.
Reach OutDoes this sound like you? If yes, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thanks for your interest in SilkStart!
A B2B software sales career that will provide uncapped income potential and growth opportunities while helping associations and non-profits make a difference.
What we offer:
- A competitive base plus uncapped commission, comprehensive benefits, 100% tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick days, fitness subsidy, and sales awards and recognition programs, including paid days off, team events, and more!
- Opportunity for growth and job security: we have enjoyed double-digit annual growth during the last four years, and we promote from within
- The privilege to represent feel-good, best-of-breed and world class SaaS products
- Unlimited sales leads which are pre-booked into your calendar
- A positive, fun, flexible and casual work environment and a highly supportive, family-like and results-driven culture
What We're Looking For
The ideal candidate:
- Is an energetic, seasoned sales closer with proven success exceeding new business targets in a B2B consultative sales environment
- Has exceptional organizational skills and can handle complex sales involving multiple influencers
- Is a clear, empathic, ethical, and effective communicator who can relate easily to new people
- Is a problem solver who genuinely wants to help can solve our customers’ challenges and gain satisfaction from their success
- Has a passion for helping non-profits make a difference with a preference for candidates that have past volunteering experience
You will have fun working in our team if you thrive in a customer-focused, competitive and friendly environment. If you are a natural leader and are driven by rapid growth opportunities, you may also have the opportunity for sales management roles in our expanding organization that emphasizes the promotion of internal candidates.
What You'll be Doing
As an Inside Sales Representative you will sell SilkStart’s CMS+CRM SaaS based software solutions to non-profits and associations in North America. You will handle the final stage of the consultative sales process by conducting solution-based online presentations, managing decision processes with Executive Directors and Boards of Directors, and closing sales.
With our two-tiered approach to sales, you will have appointment pre-booked into your calendar so you will primarily be responsible for conducting in-depth qualification discussions and closing business, rather than cold-calling and generating new leads.
We are looking for a proven sales closer. This position requires you to be able to build rapport and gain a deep understanding of prospects’ needs quickly, before providing a compelling solution-based sales presentation. You will need to be empathetic, have stellar objection handling skills, be able to control the sales process from start to finish, and be a strong closer. Additionally, being organized and able to effectively manage a sales pipeline in a high volume, fast paced, and short cycle sales environment will be critical to your success.